WPX Energy, Inc. Automation Tech III in Killdeer, North Dakota
Automation Tech III
The Automation Tech will:
- Provide field support of instrumentation (flow, temperature, pressure), well controls (RTU and PLC), communications network (radio, cell modem), and electrical equipment (480 VAC/3 phase and below). Field
support includes proactive monitoring, maintenance, installation support, configuration, and commissioning.
Provide technical support and services for I&EC aspects of the wellpad equipment for Pumpers and other asset personnel.
Provide technical support to and work closely with Measurement/Automation technicians for successful measurement and export of necessary SCADA data from the basin.
Execute field-based system tasks on host SCADA system (CygNet) and configure/commission any newly installed equipment.
Build, interpret, and verify project documents for installation and maintenance of the wellpad equipment (I&EC).
Build RTU, radio, and device configurations for newly installed I&EC equipment.
Configure and commission new installs with pre-built configurations.
Program serial and I/P radios for remote and backhaul communications (900 MHz, 3.65 GHz). Verify successful communication and data layout within the SCADA system. Troubleshoot and resolve any issues identified.
Proactively monitor and manage overall health of SCADA system including: system consistency, communication, performance, data relevance, and basin user support. Notify other groups within the company of additions,
subtractions, and/or changes to: automation equipment in the field and data layout within the SCADA systems. This may include: notification of project completions, project handoffs, service outages.
- Provide technical support and help manage specialty and pilot projects in conjunction with well and lease operations. Assist with monitoring project/operational costs in order to ensure value of purchased
products and services.
- Work with equipment vendors and service companies to ensure product and service consistency. Direct communication with vendors concerning product issue and functionality; and with service companies concerning
procedures and techniques.
- Create and compile technical documentation, including: service manuals, equipment diagram, installation procedures, commissioning procedures, equipment location documentation and configuration information,
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify, diagnose and resolve gas
flow measurement, flow control issues.
- Ability to identify and correct safety hazards to provide
a safe working environment.
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and repair RF communications
Ability to work safely and effectively with hand tools.
Understand and be able to analyze production equipment related
- Ability to climb stairs with automation equipment, repair
and replace such equipment.
- At least two years of experience in an automation related role in the oil or natural
gas industry is preferred.
- Associate's Degree in an Automation/Electronics discipline is preferred.
WPX Energy Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE including Disability/Veteran.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES WPX Energy does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruiting Agreement, WPX Energy will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fees. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, WPX Energy explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of WPX Energy.
WPX Does not sponsor employment Visas