WPX Energy, Inc. Operations Rep II in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Operations Rep II
With limited guidance, The Operations Rep II schedules and monitors commodity volumes through gathering, processing and transportation on midstream and pipeline systems. This position requires ongoing interaction with counter party representatives and with
Midstream and Field Operations personnel to determine production levels, adjust schedules and forecast accordingly. The position requires Analyst/Scheduler knowledge and experience to solve moderately complex problems. The position requires creation and
publication of forecasts and reports related to volumes scheduled and marketing revenues expected.
- Enter, monitor and adjust natural gas scheduling nominations, allocations, balancing and confirmations on 3rd party pipelines. Adjustments require quick and accurate resolution. Maintain daily communications with counter party representatives,
Field Operating and Midstream personnel in order to determine expected production levels and output from processing plants.
- Accurately and timely enter all transactional volume, path and point tracking data into EMX, to create and validate internal accounting for expected revenues and costs for volume gathered, processed, transported and sold and to ensure fulfillment of contractual
- Prepare and circulate various weekly, biweekly and monthly reports and analysis related to scheduling and marketing, including gas and NGL volume and revenue estimates, gas and NGL forecasts and operations reports. Answers questions and provides ad hoc
analysis to other departments as needed.
- Become familiar with the gathering, processing, transportation and marketing contracts that affect the ultimate marketing of gas and NGLs. Use that knowledge to help the group make the most efficient use of resources to optimize financial results and fulfill
commitments. Perform invoice analysis on all midstream contracts to determine accuracy of volumes reported and charges assessed and work with infrastructure commercial personnel on issues identified.
- Perform special projects and analysis as requested by management. Develop tools and models to improve the accuracy and usefulness of forecasted data. Provide backup support to other members of the Marketing group. Provide support and analysis as requested
by Midstream management and senior staff.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of Oil and Gas experience
Technical and Soft Skills
Has knowledge of natural gas gathering, processing and transportation – how gas is moved from well head to end user.
Brings experience dealing with enterprise systems and web-based transaction systems.
Strong interpersonal communication skills, including frequent verbal communications with numerous counter parties
Exhibits constructive conflict resolutions ability for positive relationship building and rapport.
Manages multiple tasks at one time, as well as prioritizing many hourly, daily, weekly and monthly duties effectively.
Demonstrates ability to comfortably work in a fast paced rapidly changing work environment.
Possesses strong analytical skills, including the ability to develop periodic and ad hoc reports and analysis.
WPX Energy Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE including Disability/Veteran.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES WPX Energy does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruiting Agreement, WPX Energy will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fees. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, WPX Energy explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of WPX Energy.
WPX Does not sponsor employment Visas